How Long Does It Take To Develop an App?
How long it takes to develop an app depends on the purpose and functionality of the app, how it's being developed, and how your customers intend to use it. With this in mind, mobile app development can take a little as 2-3 weeks or as long as one year.
Apps with intricate features or apps designed for multiple operating systems like Android and iOS, tend to take longer to build. They fall in the multiple months to one-year timeframes, depending on complexity. For apps like this, we recommend hiring an app development company.
Some apps can be developed in as little as 2 or 3 weeks, but they offer little complexity and fewer features than an app built using a more advanced framework and programming language. DIY app builder software is popular for apps built in a short time frame. You can use pre programmed templates to build a simple app quickly.
What Are the Top 7 Programming Languages for Mobile Apps?
- C++: A capable, object-oriented language, C++ is often used for Android apps and is ideal for developing games, GUI-based applications, and cloud computing apps.
- Python: A programming language suitable for desktop apps, machine learning, and media tools, Python delivers a great deal of flexibility for creating mobile apps. It's also fast, easy to use, and can be deployed relatively quickly.
- Objective-C: Mainly used for iOS and macOS app development and operating systems, Objective-C is a general-purpose, object-oriented language that is easy to learn for most developers.
- Java: The official Android development language, Java is an excellent, object-oriented language with built-in open-source libraries. It’s easy to work with and offers excellent documentation, along with good community support.
- PHP: A highly-recommended programming language for mobile apps, PHP offers great database access and is ideal for e-commerce applications.
- Ruby: A back-end, object-oriented scripting language, Ruby is successfully used to develop web applications, servers, and system utilities. Users find it easy to maintain and say it offers smooth performance.
What Are the Skills Needed for Mobile App Development?
Mobile app development skills include:
- Coding languages
- Agile methodologies, which include the ability to master rapid design, development, and release.
- Attention to detail
- Communication, so the developer acts as the liaison between the project development team and the client.
- Understanding of UX and UI, so developers can create an interface and user experience that draws the customer into the application.
- Analytical skills
- Data expertise, so data engineers know exactly how to gather the right data and provide functionality within the app.
- Security, so developers ensure a user’s privacy is secured and protected from hackers.