Why Are Digital Marketing Analytics Important?
Digital marketing analytics are important because they allow you to track the success of your marketing efforts and prove to your manager that digital marketing is a worthy investment for your business. Additionally, marketing analytics allow you to benchmark your efforts compared to business results. You can point to the numbers to show what’s working and what’s now and where you may want to spend less or more.
Thankfully, digital marketing analytics are easier to track than traditional marketing analytics for efforts such as billboard advertising or direct mail campaigns. By examining analytics, organizing information, and marking progress in various areas, you can see which content is reaching your target audience, what channels are doing the best, and where your efforts are converting into income.
How Do I Measure Digital Marketing Analytics?
Tracking digital marketing analytics reveals a lot of useful data about your digital marketing campaigns. You can track analytics for your web pages, social media platforms, video marketing, and just about any other online marketing efforts. Here are 5 digital marketing analytics to measure for your website:
- Overall website traffic
- Website traffic sources (i.e., where is the traffic coming from)
- New versus repeat visitors
- Time spent on your web pages
- Most popular web pages
What Are the Best Digital Marketing Metrics to Track?
The most important digital marketing metrics to track are:
- Brand awareness: Even if you're only converting a few visitors into customers, if you're not building your brand, you’re not building your business.
- Conversion rates: People may love visiting your website, but if it never turns into income for you, it won't matter very much in the long term.
- Lifetime value of customers: How happy are you keeping your customers over time? Loyal customers are the lifeblood of a successful business.
What Are KPIs for Digital Marketing?
A key performance indicator lets you know if you are achieving your primary objectives. Here are the most important KPIs for digital marketing:
- Traffic: Overall traffic to pages on your website via your digital marketing campaign
- Conversion rate: How many of your website visitors become paying customers?
- Cost per lead: The money it costs your business to attract a lead
- Returning traffic: If website visitors return to your site