What Does a Digital Marketing Agency Do?
A digital marketing agency aims to capture attention for your brand, attract new users, and generate revenue. Here are just three areas where digital marketing agencies can make a huge difference in your business: social media, email, and content marketing.
- Social media marketing: Your digital marketing agency may use ads, create posts, and engage with your target demographic on social media to attract attention to your brand and build trust with your customers.
- Email marketing campaigns: Almost everybody has an email and checks it regularly, even if they don’t often browse the web or engage with social media, so good email campaigns can make a tremendous difference for your business.
- Content marketing: Targeted content marketing engages your audience at different stages in the sales funnel. Digital marketing agencies help you create a content marketing strategy to drive traffic to key landing pages on your website.
Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing – What's the Difference?
Traditional marketing refers to marketing efforts that do not use the internet. This includes TV and radio ads, physical billboards, printed content, and events. By contrast, digital marketing refers to marketing efforts online. Social media advertising, websites and blogs, email campaigns, online ads, and much more all exist under the umbrella of digital marketing.
Digital marketing can often be more targeted than traditional marketing. Whereas TV or radio ads reach many people that aren't in your target demographic, digital ads can be placed to reach the viewers most likely to need your services.
How Do I Hire a Digital Marketing Agency?
When you are ready to hire a digital marketing agency, you'll have plenty of companies to choose from. Here are some key features to help you choose the right one for you: competitive pricing, services offered, clear communication, a user-friendly website, and evidence of social media activity.
- Competitive pricing for services offered: A digital marketing agency that seems feature-packed to one company may be overpriced and full of unnecessary features to another, so make sure the company you choose offers what you need and doesn't charge you for what you don't.
- Clear communication: From day one, the agency should be very clear with you about prices, timeframes, and steps for meeting your goals. Good communication is essential for a successful relationship with your digital marketing agency.
- Appealing website and social media activity: Make sure a digital marketing agency practices what it preaches. Check for a user-friendly, content-rich website and activity on social media that signals they apply digital marketing best practices to their business.