What Is a Digital Marketing Campaign?
A digital marketing campaign is the combination of online marketing activities a company carries out to drive traffic, conversions, revenue, or engagement.
Good digital marketing campaigns must be carefully planned and organized to ensure you make wise investments, reach the appropriate audiences, and achieve measurable results.
When you plan a digital marketing campaign, first, you determine business goals and define your target audience. Next, you create a digital marketing strategy to ensure your campaign succeeds. You consider channels on which to market, decide what kind of content to create, and put into place ways to monitor the success of your campaign.
How Do I Create a Digital Marketing Campaign?
Creating a digital marketing campaign helps you align marketing channels and what you do on those channels with business goals. Here are 7 steps to help you create a digital marketing campaign:
- Choose a goal for your digital marketing campaign
- Define metrics to measure the impact of your digital marketing campaign
- Set a budget
- Audit existing campaigns and compare to your competitors
- Define the audience(s) your campaign will target
- Select the digital marketing channels to target this audience
- Launch your campaign and track results along the way
What Are Examples of Good Digital Marketing Campaigns?
Anheuser-Busch and Lego are examples of good digital marketing campaigns:
- Anheuser-Busch made an impact in advertising and social involvement during the coronavirus pandemic by using their factories and transportation networks to manufacture and distribute hand sanitizer. Naturally, they took advantage of the opportunity to brand hand sanitizer with their labeling and advertise their efforts.
- Lego has gone well beyond children's toys, with commercials set in entirely Lego worlds and movie campaigns.